Cyber security attacks are not just an issue for the IT department. All users of computer systems are potential weaknesses in any cyber security defence.
Typical human enabled cyber vulnerabilities include:
- Responding to phishing emails;
- Setting poor quality passwords;
- Opening malicious email attachments;
- Submitting sensitive information across insecure connections.
One slip-up can have devastating consequences for businesses and organisations of all sizes. The less awareness there is amongst users of the risks, the more chances there are of the worst occurring. Therefore, one of the strategies to minimising the likelihood of human enabled cyber vulnerabilities from occurring is to ensure cyber security education for all employees.
eLearning modules are a great way of rolling out training. Benefits of cyber security eLearning include:
- Content is available round-the-clock;
- Review material ;
- Access courses from anywhere;
- No need for staff to be available at a specific time for in-person training;
- Test scores can be used as a way to benchmark and encourage continuous improvement.
EdApp and CommBank have created a free cyber security eLearning to equip business owners and their staff with knowledge to help protect the organisation. The eLearning modules include guidance on email security, browsing the web, shopping and banking, password security, security on the move and email payment fraud.
Following a review by Assessity, registration has been found to be quick and easy, the platform can be accessed via both desktop and mobile devices and most importantly the content is appropriate and thought-provoking.
To access this eLearning facility for your business, visit https://www.commbank.com.au/support/security/how-to-protect-your-business.html.